When it comes to seeking help for issues that are impacting on their well-being, some people are not comfortable with the traditional method of face to face counselling and are therefore more likely to try to address the issue themselves – increasing feelings of isolation and stress levels, or they choose to avoid it all together – hoping it will just go away.
Additionally, not everyone is able to attend a counselling clinic in person. Even if the services are available in their area, people may not be able to access the service in person for a range of reasons including: parenting responsibilities, physical disability, phobias/anxiety, or a lack of transport.
On-line counselling therefore provides a safe and convenient way for people who are unwilling or unable to attend a counselling clinic in person, to seek professional help from the comfort and privacy of their own home. Some of the many benefits of using online counselling includes:
- Increased access to services for clients living in rural or remote areas.
- Increased access to services for clients with limited mobility, parenting responsibilities, limited or no transport.
- Clients can access or continue their counselling whilst traveling, or relocating to another town or state.
- Removes the `stigma’ associated with seeing a counsellor as it can be accessed in the privacy of their own home.
- Convenience – clients can access services at a time when it suits them.
- Is more cost effective.
How does it work?
DISCOVER Counselling Services provides online counselling via Skype.
At the time of your appointment, please ensure you have your Skype turned on and ready to go. Christine will make two attempts to contact you, however if both are unsuccessful, your session will be cancelled and will need to be re-scheduled.
Please note: payment is required at the time of your session via credit or debit card.